Bentley Facts Page 5
- Dogs practice and perfect their skills each time they perform a behavior. Every time a dog bites a person, the risk of
another biting incident increases.
- Dogs with behavior problems should not be allowed access to food 24 hours a day.
- Crating a dog with separation anxiety may actually increase anxious behavior, it depends on the dog.
- Thunderstorm phobia, fear of fireworks, and noiseshyness can be reduced by programs using classical and operant
conditioning techniques. See web site http://www.starfire-rapport.com or contact How's Bentley to schedule a behavior
- There are several factors that contribute to inappropriate elimination and determining the cause is important to the
treatment plan. Some causes are: anxiety, attention-seeking, marking, incomplete housetraining, medical illness, excitement, and
- Your pup should meet many different persons and be exposed to as many new safe environments as possible from 9 to 16 weeks
- Dogs that bark and lunge at strangers may not be protecting you -they are more often exhibiting a fearful response.
- Barking may be an indication of stress. Salivation, increased heart and respiratory rates are also possible indicators of
- Food aggression, a form of resource guarding, is a dangerous behavior problem. We do not compete with our dogs for food,
therefore our dogs should not view us as competitors.
- Normal dogs give us plenty of warnings before they bite.
- Lip curling, growling, snarling, snapping, and baring of teeth are usually recognized by most persons as a threat. Body
posturing; such as tail position, ear position, mouth position, head and neck position, dilated pupils, nature of stance, and
motion of the eyes, is also a form of canine communication.
- Friendly dogs jumping up on people are just as dangerous as dogs biting people. Both incidents may cause severe injuries
Bentley Facts Page 1
| Bentley Facts Page 2
| Bentley Facts Page 3
| Bentley Facts Page 4
Bentley Facts Page 5
| Bentley Facts Page 6
| Bentley Facts Page 7
| Bentley Facts Page 8
Bentley Facts Page 9
| Bentley Facts Page 10
| Bentley Facts Page 11