Bentley Facts Page 3
- Some dogs bite children because children are often eye-to-eye with the dogs and children do not recognize that a direct
stare is a social challenge to the dog.
- Reaching out your hand to greet a strange dog is a bad idea. Don't do it.
- If your dog is not neutered and he/she is not a perfect example of a particular breed -so perfect that the breed may suffer
if his/her genes are not placed into the gene pool - you probably should schedule an appointment to have him/her neutered right
- More dogs are placed for adoption and killed due to behavior problems than dogs that die because of infectious diseases.
- Head collars are not muzzles.
- Obedience training provides the dog with vital information concerning its social rank in the family and has benefits which
increase the probability of a harmonious long term relationship.
- Obedience training establishes a safe method for communicating with dogs.
- According to the just-released Statistical Abstract of the United States, the U.S. Census Bureau reported that 36.1 % of
households own dogs, 31.6% own cats, 4.6% own pet birds, and 1.7% own horses.
- U.S Census Bureau reported that 85% of the families that own dogs seek veterinary care, 66.8% of cat owners seek veterinary
care, 56.7% of horse owners seek care and 12.9% of pet bird owners seek care.
- Average number of veterinary visits per year for dog owners is 2.8, cat owners 1.9, bird owners .3, and horse owners 2.2.
- Domestic dogs are tame animals, attracted to humans, and dependence upon humans is necessary for their survival.
- Hide-and -seek is a great game to teach pups to come when called and to teach kids to play appropriately with puppies.
Bentley Facts Page 1
| Bentley Facts Page 2
| Bentley Facts Page 3
| Bentley Facts Page 4
Bentley Facts Page 5
| Bentley Facts Page 6
| Bentley Facts Page 7
| Bentley Facts Page 8
Bentley Facts Page 9
| Bentley Facts Page 10
| Bentley Facts Page 11