Bentley Facts Page 2
- Ideally, puppies should stay with their littermates and parents until 8-9 weeks of age.
- Pet store puppies are more often than not products of puppy mills.
- If puppies experience mild stress such as handling and hearing vacuum cleaners as early as three weeks of age, it is
beneficial to the development of their nervous systems.
- Rolling in the dirt after bathing may be rooted in dog's "survival genes" and probably evolved to make them less apparent
to competitors and predators.
- Studying domestic dogs interactions with people, instead of studying wolves interactions with wolves, is a better method to
understand the social complexity of the domesticated dog.
- If your dog is frightened, you should act normal and upbeat instead of coddling and saying "it's ok".
- The "alpha rollover" described in some dog training manuals is scientifically inaccurate and outdated.
- Dogs that are constantly tied out on a short chain or rope are not being treated humanely. Lawful standards for housing
laboratory animals (not pets) for research prohibits confining dogs with a rope or chain.
- Wolves are wild animals, fearful of humans, and independence of humans is necessary for their survival.
- Dogs are not skilled at determining which plants are toxic or harmful if ingested.
- The ASPCA Animal Poison Control Center is open 24 hours every day. Toll free phone number is 888-426-4435.
- The number dog bites to children increases during the summer months.
Bentley Facts Page 1
| Bentley Facts Page 2
| Bentley Facts Page 3
| Bentley Facts Page 4
Bentley Facts Page 5
| Bentley Facts Page 6
| Bentley Facts Page 7
| Bentley Facts Page 8
Bentley Facts Page 9
| Bentley Facts Page 10
| Bentley Facts Page 11