Bentley Facts Page 11
- Children should be taught to let sleeping dogs lie.
- Kids should not reach for a dog that is under a bed, in a crate or in the corner of a room.
- Kids should not approach a dog that is eating.
- Dogs that are scolded for eliminating inside learn to hide from humans while eliminating inside.
- Punishing your dog for growling is not always a good idea. A dog's growl is a valuable warning signal indicating they are
uneasy or uncomfortable with a situation.
- Adult dogs that play bite and mouth are often the products of rough, inappropriate play by children and adults when the dogs
- Large, friendly dogs that jump up on people or dogs that pull while on a lead are just as dangerous as dogs that bite people.
Both behaviors can cause serious injury humans.
- Dogs with behavioral problems may benefit from a reduction in dietary protein intake.
- In scientific studies of mammals, protein has been proven to interfere with the metabolic process involved in the production
- Labeling a dog food as "premium" by major dog food manufacturers is not necessarily an indication of quality ingredients.
- High quality pet foods contain no animal by-products.
- The better dog foods have two meat sources of protein listed in the first three ingredients.
- Food affects nutrition, nutrition affects health, health affects quality of life and behavior. Do some research and feed your
dog a high quality diet.
- Dietary supplements are not necessary for healthy dogs that are fed a high quality commercial dog food.
Bentley Facts Page 1
| Bentley Facts Page 2
| Bentley Facts Page 3
| Bentley Facts Page 4
Bentley Facts Page 5
| Bentley Facts Page 6
| Bentley Facts Page 7
| Bentley Facts Page 8
Bentley Facts Page 9
| Bentley Facts Page 10
| Bentley Facts Page 11